Header Ads Widget

Halsey posts health update, saying she’s ‘lucky to be alive’

 

Halsey posts health update, saying she’s ‘lucky to be alive’


Fans of Halsey have rallied around the singer after they shared a heartfelt update on social media, saying, "I'm lucky to be alive."

The "Without Me" artist, who uses she/they pronouns, posted on Instagram on Tuesday: "long story short, I’m lucky to be alive. short story long, i wrote an album. it begins with The End. out now.” The post included a series of short video clips, the first of which showed Halsey sitting down and repeatedly rubbing their legs.

“Seriously, seriously… like an old lady,” the 29-year-old said in the video. “I told myself I’m going to give myself two more years to be sick. At 30, I’m having a rebirth, and I’m not going to be sick. I’m going to look super-hot, have lots of energy, and I’m just going to redo my 20s in my 30s.”

One fan responded: “Halsey is the voice for so many chronically ill. Just another reason why she’s my hero. I have something for the rest of my life but still want to live my dream. I’m so excited to hear this story. I love you so much.”

Another wrote: “I love you 🤍 chronic illness is hell but you’re incredible.”

While Halsey did not specify their condition, they tagged the Lupus Research Alliance and the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Another video showed Halsey receiving an infusion, wearing a mask, and saying “treatment day one.” Other clips depicted them crying, wearing a headscarf, and being on a drip.

Two years ago, after the birth of their child Ender in July 2021, Halsey revealed multiple diagnoses and posted videos saying, "I’m allergic to literally everything."

In 2019, Halsey also disclosed that they had been living with bipolar disorder since being diagnosed at 17.

Post a Comment

0 Comments